Winter Chicken Cobb Salad has all the goodies that you remember from the classic cobb salad, but has a flavored twist that you’ll be sure to love this winter!
The first time that I had chicken cobb salad, I was hooked from the start. Have you tried it before? It’s such a refreshing change from the normal “classic” Cesear or traditional salads. Granted, salads are so versatile that you can usually combine any fruit or vegetables on hand and make it your own.
Let’s face it, salads can be filling. I know when I have a salad for lunch, I still feel “full” by dinner. Of course, even although salads are a lighter-fare meal, they also make a great selection choice for dinner.
This Winter Chicken Cobb Salad is made with lighter ingredients, and all-natural crispy chicken strips. Typically, I would use one of my favorite dressings to top off this yummy salad but today I’m sharing my newest obsession; Avocado ranch dressing with bacon. Oh yes, it’s like having three in one.
Since this is a new favorite salad of ours with adding avocado ranch dressing with bacon, I’m excited to share with you this recipe.
Cobb salad has combined classic flavors from iceberg and romaine lettuce, watercress, bacon, tomatoes, blue cheese crumbles, hard-boiled eggs, chicken strips, and avocados. I’m telling you that it’s like an explosion of flavors that’s dressed up to impress. You can see why people choose this delicious colorful classic.
Even though that my Winter Chicken Cobb Salad is based on this wonderful classic, it’s an upgrade that you’re sure to love! Of course, you can take my word for it or try it for yourself. Preparing this salad is really beyond effortless. It comes together so quickly. Also to make prep work so much easier, purchase frozen all-natural chicken strips that you can heat in the oven. So while your cooking the bacon and preparing the vegetables, and dressing, you can be a step ahead to save you some extra time.
Also, if you prefer a much quicker option, rotisserie chicken would be great to use as well.
One of the reasons why I love making salads is it’s a self-guided meal. No ingredients to measure or many steps to follow. It’s always a nice feeling to add a bed of lettuce and go from there.
My Winter Chicken Cobb Salad is a crowd-pleaser in my household. It’s flavorful, fresh, easy, packed with protein, and totally satisfying. -And did I already mention, tasty? It’s definitely not your boring everyday salad.
5 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- One pkg of mixed green lettuce (romaine)
- One pkg of store bought chicken strips
- Two boiled eggs
- Corn Kernals
- Bacon (Crumbles)
- Two Avocados (Save one for dressing)
- Grape Tomatoes (Sliced thin)
- For the Avocado Ranch- Bacon Dressing
- One Avocado
- One Cup of Ranch Dressing
- One Tbsp of Lemon Juice
- Three Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1/4 Tsp of Salt
- 1/4 Tsp of Black Pepper
- 1/3 Cup of Water if desired thin dressing
- Place lettuce down on serving platter.
- Add crumbles of bacon, cooked chicken strips, boiled egg pieces, corn kernels, sliced tomatoes and cut avocado slices.
- Take a blender and add one cut avocado, one cup of ranch dressing, one tbsp of lemon juice, three tbsp of olive oil, 1/4 salt and pepper.
- Blend until smooth. Scrap the sides down until you have reached the desired consistency. Add 1/3 cups of water if desired a thin dressing.
- Store in a air tight container for up to one week.
Latest posts by Michele (see all)
- Bosch AutoAir™ Bosch 500 Series Dishwasher at Best Buy - August 27, 2019
- This Summer Save Time in the Kitchen with Tyson - June 21, 2019
- 5 Ways To Get Your Home Ready To Sell - June 19, 2019