It’s football season y’all and you know what that means? It’s tailgating time! Whether you’re tailgating or homegating with friends, my Spicy Pico de Gallo Chicken Taco recipe will give you the “kick” off you’ll need. It’s the best combination of spicy and cold flavors. You’re going to love it!
This post has been sponsored by El Yucateco® but the content expressed here are my own.
This is how my football crowd likes to celebrate a touchdown and a win. With an insanely satisfying Spicy Pico de Gallo Chicken Taco of course! Bring on the spicy foods that require no forks needed. It’s time to cheer on your favorite team with spending less time in the kitchen and more time enjoying the game. -And who wouldn’t want that? Preparing simple recipes with a touch of “heat” that leaves your guests asking for more. As a sports fan of football, I’m always thinking ahead when it comes to preparing foods before game day. I love recipes that include a variety of awesome flavors including my favorite, El Yucateco® Habanero Hot Sauce.
Whether you enjoy tailgating or homegating with friends, delicious foods are an essential part of game day. It’s like having an all-access pass or a home team advantage. Personally, I love homegating for many reasons. Being in my own comfort zone at home takes tailgating to a whole new level of fun. It’s where I’d rather be.
I’ve learned that many football fans actually enjoy homegating better than tailgating. Especially because they’re looking for authentic foods that have bold and spicy flavors. That’s why I choose to include El Yucateco® Habanero Hot Sauce in my game day recipes. It’s a fiesta in a bottle that makes my Spicy Pico de Gallo Chicken Tacos such a hit. It’s also the perfect ingredient to add to any dish.
Are you familiar with El Yucateco® sauces? If you’re not, then get ready to meet them! El Yucateco® has been around for 50 years. In fact, it’s their 50th anniversary this year. How incredible is that?
El Yucateco® is a #1 choice for authentic habanero sauce. Are you ready for the best part? El Yucateco® sauces are available in a variety of flavors too! Just a drop of El Yucateco® sauces in any recipe will transform the flavor in an instant.
Spicy Pico de Gallo Chicken Tacos can be prepared ahead of time or moments before the start of the game. Since my family loves a little “heat” and doesn’t shy away from habanero sauce on their grilled chicken, marinating before and during grilling is recommended. My husband will attest, he loves calling El Yucateco® Habanero Sauce, his magic in the bottle. He honestly puts a little dab on everything.
After the boneless chicken breast has been grilled, marinated and loved by El Yucateco® Habanero Sauce, it’s taco time!
Spicy Pico de Gallo Chicken Tacos
My chicken tacos wouldn’t be complete without a little help from my homemade Pico de Gallo. It brings the best of both worlds to one tasty recipe. Pico de Gallo is versatile. You can eat it alone, with tortilla chips, or nested inside a hard or soft taco shell. Endless options are the best options and that is what El Yucateco® Sauces gives back in return.
Pico de Gallo is an easy recipe to make on game day. In fact, if you’re short on time, you’ll love knowing that only four ingredients are needed. Chopped white onions, tomatoes, cilantro, and freshly squeezed lime juice. Yup, that’s all you need. Can you see why this recipe becomes a favorite of mine? Simple, easy, and delicious!
Did you know that building a taco is a great way to exercise your fingers? Hahaha, yes, consider me a finger food junkie. I absolutely don’t mind eating with my hands. I blame it on the inner child in me. But needless to say, my Spicy Pico de Gallo Chicken Tacos are worth the messy fingers in the end.
Building a Spicy Pico de Gallo Chicken Taco is effortless. Take one soft or hard taco shell of choice, and add two tablespoons of the Pico de Gallo mixture. Spread chopped pieces of Spicy Chicken on top and then drizzle sour cream for taste. This is one delicious combination. Because the chicken provides the “heat” and the Pico de Gallo with sour cream provides the cold, your palate gets to taste both worlds in every bite.
Michele/ Sunshine and Flip Flops
Yields 10 Tacos
15 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 3 Boneless Chicken Breasts (Grilled)
- 4 oz of El Yucateco® Habanero Hot Sauce
- 3 Plum Tomatoes (diced)
- 1 White Onion (medium size-diced)
- 1 Tablespoon of Minced Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons of Cilantro (diced)
- 2 Tablespoons of Lime Juice
- 12 Soft or Hard Taco Shells
- Sour Cream (drizzled)
- On medium heat, grill three boneless pieces of chicken breasts. Begin to marinate each chicken with El Yucateco® Habanero Hot Sauce. Grill for 15-20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- Remove chicken from grill and marinate again with El Yucateco® Habanero Hot Sauce. Slice then chop into pieces. Set aside in bowl.
- In a medium size bowl, add one medium-sized white onion(diced), 3 plum tomatoes(diced),1 tablespoon of minced garlic, two tablespoons of cilantro (diced), and fresh squeezed lime juice. Toss it together. Served chilled or cold.
- Take one taco shell of choice then add two tablespoons of pico de gallo mixture. Spread chopped pieces of Spicy Chicken on top then drizzle sour cream for taste.
Do you like to have spicy foods during your tailgating parties?
For more recipe ideas, check out El Yucateco on Facebook.
Latest posts by Michele (see all)
- How to Prepare for the Big Game in Three Easy Steps - January 24, 2019
- Top 3 Quick and Easy Recipes for 2018 Plus a Quick mention - January 3, 2019
- This Christmas be ready for Battle! Starlink Battle now at Best Buy - December 19, 2018