It’s apple picking season, try my Slow Cooked Apple Kielbasa recipe. The perfect meal to warm you up, this Fall.
You guys, it’s almost time to go apple picking. It was always one of my favorite outdoor activities to do with my family until we moved to Florida several years ago. Living here in Florida we don’t have the pleasure to go apple picking but rest assured, we’re just as happy to see apple bushels available at our local stores. Just recently I decided to pick up a few apple bushels while they’re still available.
With several apples still left over, I decided to add some delicious Green Apples to my Slow Cooked Apple Kielbasa recipe. -And it was amazing! I’m so excited to share with you the key ingredient in this seasonal slow cooked meal.
Slow Cooked Apple Kielbasa key ingredient is Jennie-O® Hardwood Smoked Turkey Kielbasa. Can you believe it? Delicious Turkey Kielbasa that marinates unbelievable with brown sugar, crushed and chunk pieces green apples, and minced garlic. Yup, that is all you need to make it. Simple preparation allows you to kick back and let the slow cooker do all the work.
Begin by cutting your Jennie-O® Turkey Hardwood Smoked Kielbasa in 1-inch slices. You will need at least two packages (two pounds) of Jenny-O® Turkey Kielbasa. Turn your slow cooker on low.
Measure one cup of brown sugar and place it in your slow cooker. Next, take your sliced Jennie-O® Hardwood Smoked Kielbasa Turkey Kielbasa and add it in.
I used two medium-sized green apples for the recipe. Green apples have a tartness flavor which makes them a perfect ingredient to this sweet recipe.
Cut each apple into slices and toss them in a blender until the texture of the apples is crushed with chunky pieces. Add your apple mixture inside your slow cooker. Next, add one teaspoon of minced garlic. Stir, cover, and cook for 4 hours.
Since Jennie-O® Hardwood Smoked Turkey Kielbasa is fully cooked, it makes prep time so easy. Did you know that Jennie-O® Hardwood Smoked Turkey Kielbasa is a perfect addition to pizzas, pasta, and more! Also, Jennie-O® Hardwood Smoked Turkey Kielbasa has 65% less fat than smoked pork or beef kielbasa.
20 minPrep Time
4 hrCook Time
4 hr, 20 Total Time
- Two packages (two pounds) of Jenny-O® Turkey Hardwood Smoked Kielbasa
- One cup of Brown Sugar
- Two Medium-Sized Green Apples (Crushed-Chunky)
- Add one Teaspoon of Minced Garlic
- Place your slow cooker on low
- Cut Jennie-O® Turkey Hardwood Smoked Kielbasa in 1-inch slices.
- Measure one cup of brown sugar and place it in your slow cooker.
- Add Jennie-O® Hardwood Smoked Kielbasa Turkey Kielbasa slices to your cooker.
- Add your apple mixture and one teaspoon of Minced Garlic.
- Stir, cover and cook for four hours.
Slow Cooked Apple Kielbasa is terrific to serve as an appetizer, on rice or noodles.
This recipe would be great for tailgating too!
Have you tried Jennie-O® Hardwood Smoke Turkey Kielbasa before? Let me know.
Latest posts by Michele (see all)
- Bosch AutoAir™ Bosch 500 Series Dishwasher at Best Buy - August 27, 2019
- This Summer Save Time in the Kitchen with Tyson - June 21, 2019
- 5 Ways To Get Your Home Ready To Sell - June 19, 2019