Alright you guys, the holidays have passed which means baking and pie season is finally over but now it’s dip season. Oh yea, it’s nothing like a delicious dip to serve when the big game starts. Take it from me, appetizers and dips are a must for my football fans. -And with playoff season starting soon, now is the perfect time to get snacking.
I think one of my favorite dips to make while “tailgating” at home with my guests is my Garlic Roasted Tomato Dip. It’s full of flavor and my crowd goes nuts over it. The topping is so flavorful and excellent to be paired with breadsticks, crackers, chips, and crusty bread. No matter what this garlic roasted tomato dip goes on, trust me, it will taste amazing!
When it comes to satisfying a group of rowdy football friends while watching the game, it’s a must to keep them happy and this rustic recipe will do just that.
First, preheat your oven to 450° degrees. Begin to prepare your tomatoes. In a large bowl, add your diced or chopped fresh tomatoes, minced garlic, Italian seasoning or oregano, extra virgin olive oil, and salt & pepper. Next, prepare your baking sheet with non-stick aluminum foil. Pour and spread the tomato mixture evenly on the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Remove your garlic tomato mixture from the oven and slightly cool.
Next, in large bowl add and mix your softened cream cheese, parmesan grated cheese, colby and monterey jack cheese together.
Add your garlic roasted tomatoes to the cream cheese mixture. Stir until all ingredients are blended well.
With using a spoon, scoop your combined mixture in a small cast iron skillet. Add any leftover colby and monterey jack shredded cheese and three slices of mozzarella cheese to the top.
Bake for 15 minutes or until all cheeses have melted. Remove from the oven and slightly cool before serving with toasted bread.
Sunshine and Flip Flops by Michele Dickerson
It's dip season folks! Time to add a little guilty pleasure while watching the big game on t.v. My Garlic Roasted Tomato Dip will have your "homegating" guests lovin' this super easy recipe.
15 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 4 Slicing or Roma Tomatoes (Chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon of Minced Garlic
- 1/4 Cup of Italian Seasoning or Oregano
- 1/4 Cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 ounces of Cream Cheese (Soften)
- 3 Slices of Mozzarella Cheese (Sliced)
- 1 Cup of Colby and Monterey Jack Cheese (Shredded)
- 1/2 Cup of Parmesan Cheese (Grated)
- Salt and Pepper for taste
- French or Baguette bread
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add together your tomatoes, garlic, Italian Seasoning, olive oil, salt and pepper. Blend well.
- Take your baking sheet and place on non-stick aluminum foil.
- Add your garlic tomato mixture to your prepared baking sheet. Spread out evenly. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Next, remove your tomatoes mixture and let cool.
- In a large bowl, add cream cheese, parmesan, colby and monterey jack cheese together. Add your garlic roasted tomato mixture with the cream cheese mixture. Blend well.
- Scoop mixture into a small cast iron skillet. Spread evenly.
- Add Mozzarella cheese and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly before serving with toasted parmesan bread.
This is one rustic recipe that you’re going to make over and over again. Not only will your guests or family members love it but it wouldn’t surprise me if they asked for the recipe after they taste it. It’s so delicious! This dip compliments many different textures of breads too. Some of my favorites are crusty bread, or even mini toasted bagels.
I love how easy it is to make this garlic roasted tomato dip. You can prepare it ahead of time or even during the half time show. It’s quick, easy, and delicious!
So tell me, what is your favorite dip to make before the big game?
Latest posts by Michele (see all)
- Bosch AutoAir™ Bosch 500 Series Dishwasher at Best Buy - August 27, 2019
- This Summer Save Time in the Kitchen with Tyson - June 21, 2019
- 5 Ways To Get Your Home Ready To Sell - June 19, 2019