Gathering before or even after a big holiday like Thanksgiving calls for 3 Best Main Dishes to Serve. My Friendsgiving & Beyond: 3 Best Main Dishes to Serve are easy recipes that you will soon love this holiday season.
This post is sponsored by Sam’s Club but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
Do you celebrate Friendsgiving? We certainly do in my family. In fact, that is where you’ll find some of our favorite Friendsgiving & Beyond recipe inspirations have come from. Like most families, when life gets busy, we spend less time with our friends. It’s either because we live too far away or some travel out of town during Thanksgiving or holiday season. It does make it difficult to find the time to come together during the holiday season and see each other but that’s why we enjoy Friendsgiving week so much!
For us, preparing our Friendsgiving week begins by checking off our to-do-list by shopping at Sam’s Club for our most needed ingredients, supplies, and decorations.
Let the Holiday season begin:
I already love shopping at my local Sam’s Club for my everyday essentials so shopping for my Friendsgiving gathering is no exception. I can find everything I need to make my shopping trip successful. -And when I’m short on time, I order my items online and use club pick up to save even more time.
Sam’s Club allows me to pick up my Friendsgiving essentials and items that I can use after the holidays too! Such as large pack sizes of Wright® Brand Bacon. Oh yes, it’s the perfect time to stock up and money on bacon. My household loves bacon so anytime is a good time when adding bacon in a recipe.
When it comes to our favorite main dishes, my crowd always raves about my Bacon-Maple Roasted Butternut Squash, Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges, and what I like to call, the BEST Sage-Sausage Stuffing. It’s amazing! Also, what I love: these three main dishes complement each other especially when turkey meat is also offered at the table.
Entertaining at home for the holidays allows me, my family and friends, to enjoy the simple things in life. Yes, I’m talking about effortless main food dishes and quick potluck meals. My girlfriend always claims, a recipe that’s short on ingredients doesn’t mean it’s short on taste. I truly believe in that myself.
Bacon-Maple Roasted Butternut Squash
This recipe has got me in a trance. Seriously, I can’t seem to give it off my mind. It’s a seasonal dish that will leave you wanting more trust me. The best part- it’s paleo friendly.
Bacon-maple roasted butternut squash is one of my all-time flavor main dish recipes to make for Thanksgiving. Between the roasted butternut squash, to the sweet maple syrup and bacon pieces. OMG, and then adding Wrights® Brand Bacon pieces to the recipe, just forget it. You’ll lose your mind. It’s insanely delicious.
Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges
Do you want to turn heads at the dinner table this year? Try my roasted sweet potato wedges. My husband is a huge fan of sweet potatoes so this is his favorite way to eat them. Wedge-size cut pieces of roasted sweet potato, piled high with Wrights® Brand Bacon, candied pecans, dried cranberries blend so well together.
Honestly, less than 30 minutes, this main dish will be ready and waiting.
Michele/ Sunshine and Flip Flops
Preparing and cooking times vary. See instructions for more accurate times.
- BACON-MAPLE ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH
- 6 pieces of Wrights® Brand Bacon
- 4 cups of peeled and cubed butternut squash
- 1 cup of pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons of bacon fat (from cooked bacon)
- 1/3 cup of maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- ROASTED SWEET POTATO WEDGES
- 3 sweet potatoes (peeled and cut in wedges)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of cranberries
- 1/4 cup of candied pecans (chopped)
- 1/4 cup of parsley
- 6 pieces of Wrights® Brand Bacon (chopped)
- SAGE-SAUSAGE STUFFING
- One large package of Jimmy Dean® (regular) Sausage (ground)
- 6 tablespoons of butter
- 2 cups of celery (chopped)
- 1/4 cup of white onion (chopped)
- 1/3 cup of fresh sage (chopped)
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- 2 eggs (whisked)
- 1/4 cup of fresh parsley (chopped)
- 2 loafs of bakery style Italian bread (cubed)
- For BACON-MAPLE ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH-
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place bacon on a foil lined sheet and bacon until crisp. (20mins)
- Remove from oven, let cool.
- Place bacon fat in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add cubed butternut squash, pecans, maple syrup, salt, and cinnamon. mix then add salt and bacon fat. Coat well.
- Add squash mixture to a oven safe glass dish. Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees. Bake for 30-40 minutes until squash is soft. Remove from oven and serve hot.
- For SAGE SAUSAGE STUFFING-
- On medium-high heat, take your skillet and melt six tablespoons of unsalted butter. Add your sausage and cook until no-longer pink. Add chopped celery and onions. Until softened.
- Add chopped sage to the sausage mixture. Stir then pour chicken broth over mixture. Simmer and remove from heat.
- In large bowl, add parsley and whisk two eggs together. Take two loafs of Italian bread and break apart into "chunky" pieces. Take your sausage mixture then pour your beaten egg mixture over it. Stir until it’s combined. In a swallow pan, add stuffing mixture then add two tablespoons of butter on top. Cover with foil for 30 minutes or until stuffing is slightly crisp.
- For ROASTED SWEET POTATO WEDGES-
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss sweet potatoes wedges with olive oil and salt. Bake for 45 minutes in a seasoned skillet. Fry bacon and set aside. Save bacon fat and set aside.
- Remove from oven. Add bacon pieces, pecan crumbles, dried cranberries, then topped with chopped parsley. Serve warm.
This recipe is totally one of my personal favorites. I could swallow it right up. Yes, it’s that good. Sage-sausage stuffing is super moist and full of flavor. I love using Jimmy Dean® “Regular” Sausage in this recipe. I’ve always counted on them when shopping for ingredients at Sam’s Club. Having a large roll available gives me to make extra for those next day leftovers. I found my package in refrigerated aisle at Sam’s Club.
Enjoy these upcoming special holidays with the people who mean the most to you.
Friendsgiving & Beyond allows all age-generations to come together to enjoy a friendtastic meal together and to create new memories about the holiday season. Whether it’s during, before, or after Thanksgiving, make that time special for everyone. Luckily, my children closest friends; are my friends’ children so when we all get together, it’s always a good time by all. We always take a moment during Friendsgiving to remember the blessings we get to enjoy each and every day.
My children look forward to Friendsgiving every year and having the opportunity for them to sit at “big peoples” tables. It’s a way for us to enjoy this special time together.
There is nothing better than friends who make time for each other. I’ve very blessed that my group is just as special today and always. Thanks to Sam’s Club for helping us to keep these special occasions and moments, meaningful.
Looking for recipes that will STOP the show?
Try one of my favorites today and let me know what you think.
Latest posts by Michele (see all)
- Top 3 Quick and Easy Recipes for 2018 Plus a Quick mention - January 3, 2019
- This Christmas be ready for Battle! Starlink Battle now at Best Buy - December 19, 2018
- Friendsgiving & Beyond: 3 Best Main Dishes to Serve - November 19, 2018