The fall season brings nothing but yummy goodness to your breakfast table. Wouldn’t you agree? Especially when you have my homemade Apple Cider Syrup to look forward too. I can’t get enough of the sweet taste of Apple Cider Syrup on my harvest pancakes. It’s so good!
The first time that I tried Apple Cider Syrup was in Maine many years ago. My family and I stopped in a local shop and there it was just staring at me. -And of course, I had to purchase a bottle to bring home. I had no idea how easy it was to actually make Apple Cider Syrup at home until recently. I’ve been always loved maple syrup on my pancakes, waffles, biscuits, and of course, other desserts but Apple Cider Syrup brings out the taste of this fun fall season.
Over this past weekend, I decided to make Apple Cider Syrup with my harvest pancakes that my family was insisting that I make for them. It’s the weekend -Plus fall recipes are simply the best! So how could I say no?
Apple Cider Syrup is extremely easy to make. It’s effortless. This recipe calls for only a few ingredients which many of them you might already have.
The key ingredient that’s a must to have is freshly chilled Apple Cider. Freshly chilled Apple Cider can be found in most grocery stores near the refrigerated juice aisle. Remember, it’s an important ingredient, so make sure you check out the expiration date to get the freshest Apple Cider available. If you’re not a fan of Apple Cider, chilled apple juice would work as well.
For this easy recipe, you will need, Apple Cider, Light Brown Sugar, Dark Corn Syrup, Unsalted Butter, Ground Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Ginger, and Lemon Juice. Are you ready for this? It’s prepared then heated in the microwave. Oh yeah, no cooking on the stove for this momma.
In a large microwaveable bowl, combine 1/4 teaspoons of ground cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. Add one cup of light brown sugar and mix together. Take one cup of chilled Apple Cider, 1/4 teaspoon of lemon juice, 2 1/2 tablespoons of butter, and one cup of dark corn syrup then add it to mixing bowl with the dry ingredients. Blend well and microwave on high for 5 minutes or until butter is melted.
Remove the bowl from the microwave and let the Apple Cider Syrup set for 30 minutes or until room temperature.
Sunshine and Flip Flops by Michele Dickerson
Yields 2 Cups
40 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 1 cup of Fresh Apple Cider
- 1 cup of Light Brown Sugar
- 1 cup of Dark Corn Syrup
- 2 1/2 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 tsp of Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp of Ground Ginger
- 1/2 tsp of Lemon Juice
- In a large microwavable bowl combine ground cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. Add light brown sugar. Mix together.
- Pour apple cider, butter, and dark corn syrup with the dry ingredients.
- Blend well and microwave on high for 5 minutes or until butter has completely melted.
- Remove from the microwave and let stand for 30 minutes or until room temperature.
- Serve warm on pancakes, waffles, or what your heart desires.
Have you ever tried Apple Cider Syrup before?
Latest posts by Michele (see all)
- Bosch AutoAir™ Bosch 500 Series Dishwasher at Best Buy - August 27, 2019
- This Summer Save Time in the Kitchen with Tyson - June 21, 2019
- 5 Ways To Get Your Home Ready To Sell - June 19, 2019