BBQ Pulled-Pork Fries is a fun and easy recipe that I like to make for my children. I enjoy making recipes that will bring a smile to their faces and happiness to all of our bellies. And McCain® Smiles® does just that.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of McCain Foods USA, Inc. ©. The opinions and text are my own.
Creating fun recipes for children shouldn’t take tons of time in the kitchen. Kids love eating easy meals and who wouldn’t want a delicious afternoon snack or quick dinner prepared in less time? I’m all for it. For me, it’s creating recipes that not only my kids will love but they also make the adults smile just as big!
I’d love to share a secret. The main ingredient for my BBQ Pulled-Pork Fries is McCain Smiles. Have you tried them? McCain has the BEST fries. We love McCain Smiles but their Seasoned Curly Fries are out of this world too! -And since my family loves them both, McCain Smiles helps me create a fun dinner idea such as my BBQ Pulled-Pork Fries.
McCain Smiles are round and are the perfect size for your little ones to hold. Of course, adults love them just the same.
“Why do you ask”? Because they taste amazing! My family loves them and I know your family will too! My kids love potatoes and McCain Smiles are just that. -And what’s more exciting than a circle shaped mashed potato smiling back at you? Not a thing. McCain Smiles have no artificial flavors and are made with real potatoes.
So while I was shopping at Walmart for my recipe ingredients, I decided to pick up two packages of McCain Smiles for this recipe. I found my packages of McCain Smiles right in the frozen food aisle. They were so simple and easy to find.
As parents, we want to feel good about serving foods that our children enjoy eating. Not just because they ask for more, but to turn those frowns into smiles on any given day or occasion. Did you know that McCain Smiles are a staple to many recipes? In fact, they make a great appetizer when entertaining, homegating or an afternoon snack. Quick, easy, and fun!
Let’s talk these BBQ Pulled-Pork Fries
Crispy McCain Smiles, tender pieces of seasoned pulled-pork, bbq sauce, melted pepper jack, and cheddar cheese, then topped off with sour cream and chopped scallions. It’s like building a delicious empire from the bottom of the skillet.
This recipe for BBQ Pulled-Pork Fries begins by placing – 2-3lbs of boneless pork shoulder in a slow cooker and adding two cups of your favorite BBQ sauce. In my house, we call BBQ Pulled-Pork fuel for our souls.
The first time that I tried BBQ Pulled-Pork Fries is when I was vacationing with my family. We stopped by a local pub for lunch and BOOM, that’s when we were hooked. Three of our favorite foods all wrapped into one dish. AMAZING! We’ve always been huge fans of finger foods so this was quickly added to must-have family recipes.
The fall season = comfort foods. Recipes that are easy = smiles for everybody.
First, begin by seasoning the boneless pork shoulder with one tablespoon of minced garlic, and a pinch of salt, and pepper. My recipe calls for simple ingredients and simple steps.
On high heat, add two cups of BBQ sauce in your slow cooker then add the seasoned pork shoulder. Cover and simmer for three hours. Pork should be tender and shredded before removing it from the slow cooker.
In the meantime, start chopping 1/2 cup of scallions. Place aside.
In a large skillet add McCain Smiles. Bake for 8 minutes on 425° degrees and remove from the oven. Flip the McCain Fries over and start building the BBQ Pulled-Pork Fries.
Scoop shredded pulled-pork onto each McCain Smile. Add one cup of bite-sized pieces of pepper jack cheese, and 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese. Place back into the oven for 8 minutes and then remove.
Top it off with freshly chopped scallions and a dollop of sour cream.
Michele/ Sunshine and Flip Flops
20 minPrep Time
3 hr, 16 Cook Time
3 hr, 36 Total Time
- 1 pkg of McCain Smiles
- 1 2/3 lbs of Boneless Pork Shoulder
- 2 Cups of BBQ Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon of Minced Garlic
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 Cup of Scallions (chopped)
- 1 Cup of Pepper Jack Cheese (bite-size pieces)
- 1/2 Cup of Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- Sour Cream
- In a large bowl, season your boneless pork shoulder with 1 tablespoon of minced garlic, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- In a slow cooker, add your seasoned pork with two cups of BBQ sauce. Place on high heat for three hours.
- Shred tender pork before removing it from the cooker.
- Chop 1/2 cup of scallions, place aside.
- In a large skillet, add one bag of McCain Smiles. Bake for 8 mins on 425° degrees. Remove from oven and begin building.
- Place a helping of shredded pork onto each McCain Smiles. Add 1 cup of pepper jack and 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese.
- Bake for another 8 minutes and remove from the oven. Add sour cream and sprinkle chopped scallions.
- Serve hot
Yes, it’s that easy and YES, it’s that good. Try it and let me know what you think.
To learn more about McCain Smiles and recipes for inspiration, please visit their website.
Latest posts by Michele (see all)
- What Makes Us Happy Inside is Feeling Good in The Morning! - March 3, 2019
- How to Prepare for the Big Game in Three Easy Steps - January 24, 2019
- Top 3 Quick and Easy Recipes for 2018 Plus a Quick mention - January 3, 2019