I don’t know about you, but I am looking forward to Memorial Day this year. It’s the official start of summer and with the kiddos on their last stretch of school, I am so ready for this holiday to come.
For most, Memorial Day and Memorial Day weekend means a time to celebrate and honor those men and women that have died in military service.
Many observe this U.S. Federal Holiday as a time to be together with close friends and family members. From grilling, boating, fishing, theme park hopping or perhaps having a picnic at a nearby lake, whatever you choose to do on Monday May 25th or the weekend of, make sure you enjoy it!
Here is my Top 10 Things to do on Memorial Day weekend in Florida.
1. Visit Lake Eola Park in Downtown Orlando
From May until August, Movieola has returned. On selective nights, you can grab your blanket or chair and watch one of their family favorite movies being played. It’s free! Movie starts at 8pm est, although come early to get a good spot.
2. For some fun, visit Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort for free. You and your family are welcome to join as you sit around the campfire, roast marshmallows, join the sing- a -long with Chip n Dale and watch one of Disney’s family movies. Starts at 7:30pm est.
3. Visit the new Gatorland’s Gator Spot at Fun Spot on I- Drive. This new attraction is located right inside of the Fun Spot America. For a small fee of $6.00 guest will have an opportunity to hold, feed and learn about all the different kinds of animals there.
4. Spend the day at Daytona Beach then enjoy a free saturday night concert at the Friends of the Bandshell. These seasonal concerts begin at 7pm est and are held ocean front. There, you can listen to a variety of music such as jazz, rock, swing, country, big band and latin music. Stick around for the nighttime fireworks at 9:30pm.
5. Be apart of the 24 hour event at Disney World’s Magic Kingdom.
Starting on Friday May 20th at 6am to Saturday May 21st at 6am, the Magic Kingdom is pulling an ultimate all-nighter during Memorial Day weekend. Guests will have the glory of celebrating as they spend day and night at the park. Show your #Disneyside and join in this popular event. It’s a great way to kick off the summer.
6. See the new Clyde & Seamore Sea Lion High Show at Sea World Orlando.
This all new comedy show takes place in aquatic themed high school where education and laughter go hand to hand. I will be personally seeing this show on Memorial Day weekend. Can’t wait to tell you about it!
7. Visit a near by Florida State Park.
From nature walks, kayaking, fishing and swimming in the clear view springs, Florida State Parks are a great place that allows families to get together and enjoy the outdoors. Visit Florida State Parks and discover new trails and park recreation for your visit.
8. Shop to you drop.
Florida has tons of shopping outlets and malls. During and before a holiday, you will see the best sales offered. It’s one of my favorite times to visit Orlando Premium Outlet. Here, you will find all the best brand name stores for men, women and children.
9. Visit Downtown Disney or soon to be known as Disney Springs.
This entertainment mega complex includes shopping, restaurants, live and interactive entertainment, a movie theater and the newly opened Splitsville Luxury Lanes.
10. With several dinner theatre shows in the area, I do recommend checking out Medieval Times. This action packed shows allows patrons enjoy a wonderful feast and cheer on your special knight. Chivalry is alive and well during this performance. Children and adults will love it!
Thanks for visiting!
Latest posts by Michele (see all)
- Dreaming of a Raspberry Strudel Cheesecake OREO Cookie - July 5, 2017
- Summer Skinny Colada Cocktail - July 3, 2017
- Fire up the Grill and Try my Grilled Turkey Gorgonzola Burger - June 30, 2017