Breakfast can be one of our most challenging meals of the day with my kids. Normally, they have the same ole cereal so today I surprised them with a delicious breakfast that the whole family flipped over! It’s time to breakout of that favorite rut and try my Apple-Cinnamon Pancakes.
Can you believe that Cheerios now offers different flavors?
My family has always loved Cheerios as long as I can remember. Honestly, it’s one of the first cereals that I gave to my children to snack on when they were toddlers. I am sure most moms will agree to that as well. They are small but big enough for those little fingers to grab. Even now that my kids are older, I still love packing a cupful for a snack when traveling.
One of my favorite things to do with Apple Cinnamon Cheerios is to make pancakes with them. Talk about Yom.. Yom… So delicious and after one bite, your hooked! The taste of the cinnamon and apple chunks gives pancakes a new spin.
Like my family, I bet your family loves pancakes too. I love creating new twists on recipes that will have my kids begging for more and this certain is the one. Usually pancakes are pretty plain unless you use tons of syrup but by adding chunky applesauce to the recipe which is very good by the way and crushed Apple Cinnamon Cheerios, these pancakes are sure a hit! Kids and adults alike would love them!
Recipe: Apple-Cinnamon Pancakes
1 Cup of Apple Cinnamon Cheerios Cereal
3/4 Cup of All Purpose Flour
3/4 Cup of Milk
2/3 Cup of Chunky Applesauce
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
3 Tablespoon of butter or Margarine
2 Teaspoons of Baking Powder
Maple Syrup if desired
1. Spray non-stick spray on your griddle or skillet over medium- low heat
2. Place one cup of cereal in a resealable food storage bag then use a rolling pin and crush cereal. Pour directly in a large bowl
3. Stir in all remaining ingredients including chunky applesauce until moistened. Batter will be slightly bumpy
4. Pour desired size amount of batter into pan for each pancake
5. Cook for 2 minutes or until edges look golden and bubbles begin to break
6. Turn and flip pancakes. Cook other side for about 2 minutes longer until golden
7. Serve with your favorite syrup
I love shopping at Publix for my BOGO coupon offers. You can certainly stock up and save with this new in store Cheerios coupon.
What type of recipes do you use with Cheerios? I would love to hear them.
One lucky reader has a chance to win $10 in PayPal Cash.
Giveaway is open to U.S. Readers only.
This post was sponsored by Cheerios. My opinions and expressed content are my own.