With Mother’s Day right around the corner, I can’t think of a better time to share one of my moms recipes. Talk about melt in mouth goodness! That saying still goes, there is nothing like moms cooking. I am sure you will agree. I still remember as a child, looking for my mom and finding her in the kitchen making all types of goodies for her children. This Milk Chocolate & Peanut Butter Chip Muffin recipe is truly one of many, although without a doubt is my ultimate favorite. The smell of breakfast cooking in the kitchen always woke me up from sleeping. The aroma of something yummy baking or cooking just lingered in the air. It truly didn’t get any better than this every Sunday morning.
Each Sunday I do something simular with my own children. We all have busy schedules during the week and most of the time we eat something quick for breakfast. So on Sunday mornings, I rise early and get a jump start on cooking breakfast for them. One by one, my kids come down stairs to see what’s cooking just like I did when I was a child. From eggs, bacon, breakfast sausages, banana pancakes, homefries and of course muffins. We just love it!
One of reasons why I have chosen the Milk Chocolate & Peanut Butter Chip Muffin recipe is because adults and children alike have an interest in both flavors. The muffin gives you just the right amount of sweetness that everyone will love.
These days, muffins can be served during any time of the day. It’s just not served at breakfast anymore. During brunch or an afternoon snack with a cup of coffee or tea certainly will do the trick when your craving something sweet and tasty.
When making my muffins, I usually use a large size muffin pan. Surely, you could use any type of pan you would like but we in this household love our muffins big!
Many moms love having breakfast served to her on Mother’s Day. I know that I do.
My awesome husband usually will get our kids together on the morning of to help him prepare my buffet style breakfast.
For me, it’s a joy to sit back and watch them so proudly make.
Mom’s Milk Chocolate & Peanut Butter Chip Muffins with drizzled glaze is a hit! From the soft and melt in your mouth chocolate to it’s golden brown crumble texture.
Oh my gosh, it’s heavenly! These muffins are perfection!
Muffins usually are hand-fed but I see nothing wrong with tearing off a piece at a time or using a knife to slice it in half.
Bring on the milk! I mean, we are still talking about chocolate & peanut butter chips and we know nothing goes down smoothly more than a tall glass of cold milk when eating this combination. Specially for the kiddos.
I will admit after finishing this muffin with milk your taste buds are on overdrive. It’s totally an Ahh moment.
If your a person that loves their muffins plain, then you could do without the glaze. You can even place fresh fruit or whipped cream as a topping and it will be still satisfying.
The best way to describe Mom’s Milk Chocolate & Peanut Butter Chip Muffins is pure scrumptious.
It’s served best when warm or slightly cooled.
It’s a simple but delectable muffin for any mom to have on Mother’s Day.
Do you have a Mother’s Day Breakfast or Brunch?
Which dish is your favorite?
- 2 Cups of All Purpose Flour (Any Brand)
- 1/3 Cup of Light Brown Sugar (Packed)
- 1/3 Cup of Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons of Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
- 2/3 Cup of Milk
- 1/2 Cup of Butter (Melted and Cooled)
- 2 Eggs Lightly Beaten
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla
- 1 Pkg of Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1 Pkg of Peanut Butter Chips
- Icing/ Glaze
- 1 Cup of Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tbsp of Milk
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees
- Grease Muffin Pans or Place Muffin/Cupcake Cups
- In a bowl, mix and stir together Flour, Sugar, Baking Powder and Salt
- In a separate bowl, Stir together Milk, Eggs, Butter, and Vanilla until well blended
- Add milk mixture to your dry ingredients
- Stir in your Milk Chocolate and Peanut Butter Chips
- Spoon your batter into your muffin pan or cups
- Bake for 12 Minutes or until Golden Brown
- Cool for five minutes then add your glaze as desired
- Best served warm or cool
Latest posts by Michele (see all)
- Hasselback Garlic Chicken with Mozzarella Cheese and Tomatoes - January 18, 2017
- Chicken Spinach Florentine Braid - January 15, 2017
- Diy Chocolate Valentine Cupcake Toppers - January 14, 2017