Oh the Holiday season is upon us! My kids have been waiting all year for us to make some of our Fun Holiday Snacks and it’s finally here!
Can you believe it? So exciting!
We love coming up with fun ways to use fruits in our Holiday Snacks. The kids absolutely love it and I can’t blame them. It’s a healthier choice rather then cakes and candy. What I try to do is make it fun and interesting for them. Something that they would enjoy making and eating. I don’t know about your children but mine love to dip. So perhaps whipped cream might of not been my first choice but what the heck, it goes so well with fruits doesn’t it.
My fabulous Fruit Santa came out so cute. Don’t ya just love him?
Santa is made from toast topped with creamy peanut butter, bananas, strawberries, grapes and whipped cream. If your one that loves peanut butter and bananas then this snack is definitely for you. My kids go absolutely nuts taking off the strawberries and bananas then dipping them into the whipped cream.
Author Sunshine and Flip Flops
- One Slice of Bread (Toasted)
- 2 Bananas (Sliced) Santa's Beard
- 2 Grapes (Eyes)
- 7 Strawberries (Medium Sized)
- Whipped Cream
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- Slight toast your choice of bread.
- Spread Creamy Peanut Butter on top of your toasted bread.
- Turn your bread upside down to have the bread bottom, facing at the top.
- Start peeling, cutting and slicing your Bananas. You will also be cutting some in half.
- Go around the bread by placing a piece of Banana around the bread. On the top of the bread, cut a few pieces in half to use as the brim of Santa's Hat.
- Next, cut Strawberries in slices then place them on top in a triangle shape.
- Place two grapes on for the eyes.
- Use the pointy part of the Strawberries as Santa's nose.
- Top it off with Whipped Cream for Santa's White Pom Pom on his Hat.
Fruit Santa would be a great choice for an afternoon snack for the kids and their friends. If a child has peanut allergies, you could also substitute it with marshmallow “fluff” or even preserves like apricots or applesauce.
It’s totally a yummy snack that everyone will love around the Holiday season. So simple and easy to make!
Do you have a favorite fruit recipe that you incorporate with the Holiday season?
Would love to hear your ideas.
Latest posts by Michele (see all)
- Hasselback Garlic Chicken with Mozzarella Cheese and Tomatoes - January 18, 2017
- Chicken Spinach Florentine Braid - January 15, 2017
- Diy Chocolate Valentine Cupcake Toppers - January 14, 2017