One of my favorite meals during the day definitely has to be lunch. If it was up to me, I would totally skip breakfast and go straight to lunch. I guess that you can say, I’m not a morning person or I’m not big on eating breakfast just as I roll out of bed. Especially, when I need a few cups of coffee just to wake up my eyes and get me motivated first. Can you relate?
Sunday mornings is the one day of the week that I actually enjoy cooking breakfast. Trust me, if it wasn’t for my children and my infamous Sunday family breakfast tradition, it would be totally different.
For me, grabbing something light to eat for lunch holds me over until dinner. I also turn to quick and easy lunch ideas that doesn’t take much time to make.
Just like my “Chunky” Chicken Salad with grapes. Oh baby, is it good. I’ve always been a true fan of chicken salad sandwiches but adding seedless red grapes brings just the right amount of sweetness to this recipe.
The other day, I decided to pick up hot fully-cooked rotisserie chicken from my local market. Let’s say, I was not in the mood to cook dinner. (Oh yes, it was just one of those days). Do you get those days too? Anyways, I wanted to make a few veggies and be done with dinner. Until… my husband comes home and wants to go out for dinner. So in the refrigerator goes the rotisserie chicken. Can you blame me? Not having to cook or clean up the mess afterwards, say no more.
So the next day, I took out the rotisserie chicken from the fridge and said to myself, what to do… what to do. That is when I thought about making chicken salad with grapes. Umm, yes please! Two of my favorites that makes up one pretty awesome lunch recipe.
For my “Chunky” Chicken Salad with grapes recipe you will only need a few ingredients for your shopping list.
You will need:
- One Rotisserie Chicken
- White Onion (Sliced thin)
- Celery (Sliced thin)
- Seedless Red Grapes (Sliced thin)
- Light Mayonnaise
First, grab a large bowl . Begin by pulling the chicken off then cutting it into small to medium size “chunk” pieces. Believe it or not, you will be surprised how much chicken you actually get from only one rotisserie chicken.
Next, let’s get chopping. Grab your cutting board and begin to thinly slice two medium sized stalks of celery. For the next step, do the same for the white onion and red seedless grapes. It’s ideal to have all of your ingredients thinly sliced.
Now here is the kicker, for this recipe I used light mayonnaise. I know that many of my readers prefer healthier choices so guess what? You could still totally enjoy this recipe if you substituted the mayo with plain greek yogurt.
Stir and blend all of the ingredients together well. -And ta-da, your done. Super simple to make and delicious to taste. Chunky Chicken Salad with grapes can be served on many different things. You can serve it on bread to make a sandwich, serve it on crackers, make a chicken salad lettuce wrap or even serve it alone on a bed of lettuce. There are so many ways to please everyone.
Who would of thought that lunch could be this easy? You're going to love how simple my "Chunky Chicken Salad with grapes is.
25 minPrep Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1 Fully Cooked Rotisserie Chicken (Cold)
- 1/2 Cup of White Onion (Sliced thin)
- 1 Cup of Seedless Red Grapes (Sliced thin)
- 2 Medium Sized Celery Stalks (Sliced thin)
- 1/2 Cup of light Mayonnaise
- Salt and Pepper for taste
- In large bowl, add "chunk" sized pieces of rotisserie chicken.
- On a cutting board, slice 1/2 cup of white onion, 2 medium sized celery stalks, 1 cup of seedless red grapes. Blend ingredients together.
- Add 1/2 cup of light mayonnaise or plain greek yogurt to the rest of the ingredients. Mix well.
- Add Salt and pepper if desired.
What’s your favorite sandwich to make for lunch? I would love to hear about them.
Latest posts by Michele (see all)
- Celebrate Ling Ling Asian Food at Home and Win! - February 16, 2018
- Savoring the flavors of Asia while Celebrating the Chinese New Year! - January 31, 2018
- Celebrate Game Day Favorites from Publix - January 20, 2018