As a LeapFrog Ambassador, I receive products, promotional items and educational material to use and share as I see fit. However, any opinions expressed by me are honest and reflect my actual experience. #LeapFrogMom #LeapFrog #LeapBacktoSchool #Imagicard #Ad
We are totally in Back to School mode at my house. My kids are on their third week of school. Yippee for us parents right? My mornings can be a little rough as I have children that attend different schools and depart on buses at different times as well. On most days, I am coming and going with dropping off my kids at the bus stop every morning. Needless to say, I have 5 Awesome Tips When Waiting for the School Bus.
- Starting mornings with a good breakfast always helps my children. They get up so early to catch the bus so it’s an important meal for them to not miss. I’ve learned the hard way when my sons got hungry then decided to open up their lunch bags and eat everything before making it into school. I can’t even begin to tell you how hungry they were when they got home. So remember that tip.
- Another tip is to remember before leaving your house to make sure you have their backpacks. As silly as it sounds, it’s happened to me. There has been times in the past that they barely made it on the bus after needing to run back home to grab their bags. So take your time and don’t rush.
- When waiting for the School Bus to arrive, I recheck their homework and make sure I didn’t miss a paper that needs to be signed. Another great tip is do a quick quiz or have them recite their spelling words. To make it more challenging and fun, I ask them to make up a sentence with their spelling words in it.
- Reminders.. Reminders..Reminders. While waiting for the bus, I also take this time to let my children know what my plans are for the day. I like for them to know incase of any emergencies at school. It’s also important to let them know how much you love them and how proud you are of their accomplishments already.
- Lastly, what’s all work and no play? I’ve always been inspired about LeapFrog educational games and tablets. Knowing that my daughter is learning and having fun brings tons of smiles for this mom. With the new LeapPad Platinum tablet, my daughter can explore a library of over 1,000 games and it’s automatically adjusted to her learning levels.
This new generation of a learning tablet by LeapFrog, brings to you a 7″ high resolution multi-touch screen and a faster processor. Children ages 3 and up will find that the LeapPad Platinum is much easier to hold than normal tablets on the market. It’s kid-friendly and is built to last. I will admit, my daughter is forgetful where she leaves her technology. I feel relieved to know that the Platinum has a shatter-safe screen and a wrap around bummer for those unexpected drops.
Along with a large library of app games, this tablet has Wi-Fi capabilities and is designed to have a Kid-Safe browser. This makes me feel so happy to know this. My daughter loves watching videos online. She watches her older brothers do it and I’ve always reminded her that she is only 6. I feel super relieved to know that if she does go online without my consent, certain content will be blocked.
LeapPad Platinum has a 8GB memory and can hold up to 40,000 photos or 100+ app games. It has two cameras and becareful, this tablet has a video recorder. My daughter has already caught me off guard. Ha-Ha
If your little one loves music like my daughter does, the music app allows your child to listen to the Scout’s JukeBox app or your little rock star can sing or leave a message on the voice memo app located on the main screen. Still looking for some creativity? You gotta have your child try out the Photo Fun app. Oh my gosh, me and my daughter couldn’t stop laughing at our photos. So much fun!
You know what’s pretty awesome? If your child has a friend that has the LeapFrog Platinum, they can connect together on a peer to peer. They can even have their pets play together. How cute is that!
Another great game that works along with the LeapPad Platinum is called Imagicard.
The LeapFrog Imagicard is a first of it’s kind digital experience for children. It brings card characters to life with just a snap of a picture from one of it’s curricular cards included.
We live in a digital world so why not Digital learning games. I think the logic is awesome. The games become more interactive if you asked me.
LeapFrog Imagicard comes in a resealable tin of 30 cards. Depending on which character pack you use, children must answer these trivia style questions after they snap a picture of that card.
You can choose from one of our favorites called Save Adventure Bay with the Paw Patrol. In this LeapFrog Imagicard game, users will go on a fun adventure as they unleash math facts as they increase their math skills. Your child can take selfies with their favorite pups and decorate the imagines with stickers when completing their missions. This educational game is great for children ages 3-5 years old. Children will learn about counting, addition, subtraction, patterns, shapes and more!
Another amazing LeapFrog Imagicard game is Team up with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Who doesn’t love these ninja turtles? It’s time to bring Leo, Mikey, Donnie and Rafael to life as each turtle character has their own special ability. Your child will use their super ninja skills and when you capture the right mathematics, you get to serve pizza to the team! This game is ideal for children ages 5 to 8.
My daughter also loved the Letter Factory Carnival. Children can use one of the 26 letter cards to go on a quest to find the lost items. The Carnival mini games are fun and age appropriate for children that are between 4- 7 years old. They can play the matching game and uncover hidden words. The coins earned can we used on the prize wheel. My daughter loves saving her coins for prizes. Children can also spin it to win 14 more fun items!It’s full of awesomesauce if you ask me!
For the past week, it’s been full of fun at the bus stop in the mornings. Even other children waiting for the bus have been checking out the New LeapFrog Platinum.
My daughter loves to show it off and all the fun features it has. Needless to say, other moms have been asking me about it. Such a fun educational device that keeps my daughter entertained and interested of learning more!
For more information about LeapPad or the new LeapPad Platinum Tablet please visit the LeapFrog website.
So tell me what are some of your morning Back to School success stories?
Latest posts by Michele (see all)
- Satisfy your cravings with Kemps Yo² Frozen Yogurt - March 24, 2017
- Make Breakfast Better this Spring! - March 21, 2017
- Share and Celebrate with Edwards Pies on Pi Day - March 14, 2017