As many of you all know, winter can be one boring, long, and cold season. Being a former northern girl, I know first hand how “old man winter” can be. Between the frigid outdoor temperatures, snow storms, and icy road conditions. It can really make you think twice if it’s really worth going outside. At least for me it did but I can still relate with those who love winter. It’s beautiful when the snow falls and touches the ground. Ahh, do you and your family enjoy winter adventures?
Even though the kids love playing in the snow and enjoying outdoor activities like snowmobiling, sledding, and of course making snow angels, it was the main reason why I loved it also. Watching them have fun in the snow made my heart feel warm and fuzzy. Believe it or not, now being a resident of Florida, I truly miss all the fun my family used to have during the winter season.
Now don’t get me wrong, Florida sees a touch of old man winter although nothing compares to the “coldness” the rest of the country gets. In fact, just the other day it was pretty chilly. How chilly you ask? The temperature was 40° degrees with the wind chill factor that made it feel like 32. -And boy, did we feel it. In fact, my family and I went outside and we were dressed like we were heading into a blizzard. Our bodies are not used to that type of cold since our “normal” winter temperatures are still in 70’s.
Needless to say when we can’t enjoy being outdoors during the winter, finding ways inside our home to keep the kids busy and having fun as a family is not as easy as one thinks so here are three easy ways to keep the kids busy during winter.
One of things that we like to do to keep busy as a family is have movie night at our home. It’s a fun night where we pop popcorn, the kids have their favorite Fruit Shoot® and we order Pizza from Pizza Hut. It’s a win-win for the whole family.
Have your children tried Fruit Shoot®before? My kids absolutely love drinking them.
Moms approve of Fruit Shoot®because no sugars are added. Imagine that! No sugars Plus they’re made with real fruit. B-O-N-U-S
As a mom myself, allowing my children to still enjoy the things they love without any artificial flavors and sugar is a big plus for me.
Did you know what else is pretty cool about Fruit Shoot®? They have teamed up with Pizza Hut to help children in need by providing resources to help them learn how to read. How incredible is that? Very! Did you know that one in every five Americans can not read. I know, it’s just awful and very sad.
With the help of purchasing Fruit Shoot drinks at your local Pizza Hut restaurant, Fruit Shoot will donate to the First Book- Literacy Project and what a wonderful cause to be apart of.
Not only does your help empowers teachers with giving them resources but it also gives educational programs and even schools that serve children from low income families. I think it’s awesome, amazing, and couldn’t be more proud to share with you how easy it is for you to help in your own way by purchasing Fruit Shoot® drinks at Pizza Hut by April 30th.
2. Make it a family game night. We don’t do it as often as I would like to but playing a board game during the winter months is so much fun for us and it keeps the kids happy and busy. Just the other night we played two different games because the weather was so awful outside. Oh my gosh, my kids had me in tears laughing. It was so much fun to have a good time without leaving the house. -And that’s what family time is all about. Those big belly laughs. It never gets old in this house. We love to laugh and have a good time.
3. Another way to keep the kids busy during the winter season is getting them in the kitchen. Oh yes, and start them early they will love it. You will be amazed how much fun cooking as a family will be. Granted, there will be a messy kitchen afterwards but who cares, it’s all about having fun and busy. I know when I cook with my children especially with my younger ones, they absolutely love it. Nothing brings a smile to their faces more than using a few simple ingredients to make a recipe and watching their faces completely glow when they taste the foods they make.
Honestly, I’ve been caught off guard a few times how my daughter has come up with tips and new ideas when we have cooked together. Just check out how cute these mini valentine shortbread cookies are. -And yes, it was her idea to hang them off the cup. Super cute right?
So tell me, how will you keep the kids busy during winter?
I would love to hear your winter fun tips.
Latest posts by Michele (see all)
- Korean Ground Beef Bowls - July 25, 2017
- Back to School Shopping on Groupon - July 24, 2017
- Coffee Lovers will love the New MAX Indulge by Maxwell House - July 21, 2017