These Easy French Dip Beef Sandwiches will melt in your mouth! They’re so easy to make and your kitchen will smell fantastic! It’s the best French Dip Beef Sandwich ever!
This post has been sponsored by The Coca-Cola Company. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Okay friends, let’s talk about how easy it is to make French Dip Beef Sandwiches. My very first time tasting a French Dip Beef Sandwich was in a restaurant. My son actually ordered it and of course, I had to ask for a bite. One bite just took me over the edge. I couldn’t believe that I’ve never tasted this delicious sandwich before. I looked at my husband and said, oh I need to make this at home. -And, I most certainly did.
Many recipes that I found online for French Dip Beef requires a beef chuck roast but they I thought, “who wants to wait 5-6 hours for it to be slow-cooked?” Not my family that’s for sure. So that is when I decided to replace the beef chuck roast with deli sliced roast beef. Why not right? It saves tons of time, plus you get the meat sliced how you would like it.
French Dip Beef Sandwiches has to be one of the easiest recipes when you’re short on time or wanting a quick meal on the weekend. These sandwiches are perfect for game day, dinner with a movie, or for a lazy Sunday dinner meal. You can never go wrong, my family goes crazy for them and they’re always a hit!
Let’s Get Started.
As you know, French Dip Beef Sandwiches are made with simple ingredients. For my recipe, I used thin deli-sliced roast beef, beef stock, seasoning, caramelized onions, provolone cheese, and Diet Coke®. Wait! What? I bet you’re saying, “did she say Diet Coke®?” Yes, I sure did! Is it genius right? It’s been a tradition for years. I love the taste of Diet Coke® and mixed in the beef stock makes the dip even more amazing!
Just the other day while shopping at Sam’s Club, I decided to pick up a 4-pack of Diet Coke® 2-L with the rest of my groceries. I love being able to grab all of my ingredients for my Easy French Dip Beef Sandwich recipe in one store.
While I was at Sam’s Club, I noticed by purchasing Coca-Cola® products, I was eligible to enter a grand prize sweepstakes trip to LA to see “The Greatest Showman” just by uploading my sales receipt from the Diet Coke® purchase that I made. How simple and cool is that? That is why I love shopping at Sam’s Club, being a member comes with some pretty cool perks!
Easy French Dip Beef Sandwiches can be made in 25 minutes. You can’t even do a load of laundry in that time. It’s unbelievable how fast you can make these sandwiches.
First, preheat your oven to 500º F. Take one medium-sized white onion and begin to slice. It’s ideal to cut your onion into thin slices. Carefully, spray cooking spray on your sliced onions. Take your skillet and place it over high heat. Add sliced onions to the skillet for 10 minutes. Continue to stir frequently and then add one teaspoon of Italian seasoning and one teaspoon of onion salt. Stir in two tablespoons of water at a time or until the onions are golden brown and become caramelized. Remove from heat and set aside.
Next, heat one cup of beef broth and 1/2 cup of water in a 2-quart saucepan. Add 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning and 1/2 teaspoon of onion salt and a half of cup of Diet Coke®. Blend and cook over medium heat until hot.
Remove from the heat and begin to add slices of roast beef. Continue to push the beef down until the liquid covers the meat. Let stand for 4-5 minutes. Take each French bread hoagie bun and slice it. Keeping the top side up, place each bread on an ungreased cookie or baking pan. Bake for 3-4 minutes or until the bread is lightly toasted.
Take your saucepan then remove the beef from the broth. Reserve the broth for the dip. On each hoagie bread place two slices of provolone cheese, add the seasoned beef and top it off with caramelized onions. Serve with warm broth for dipping.
25 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup of Diet Coke®
- 1 1/2 pounds of deli-sliced roast beef (sliced thin)
- 1 medium-sized white onions (caramelized)
- 1 cup of beef stock
- 1/2 cup of Water plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 tsp of Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp of onion salt
- 10 slices of provolone cheese
- 5 french bread hoagie buns (sliced)
- Cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 500º F
- Take one medium-sized white onion and slice it thin.
- Spray cooking spray on your sliced onions then add them to your skillet.
- Over high heat, cooking to caramelized the onions for 10 minutes.
- Stir frequently and then add one teaspoon of Italian seasoning and one teaspoon of onion salt.
- Stir in two tablespoons of water at a time or until the onions are golden brown and become caramelized. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat one cup of beef broth and 1/2 cup of water in a 2-quart saucepan.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning and 1/2 teaspoon of onion salt and a half of cup of Diet Coke® to the beef broth.
- Blend and cook over medium heat.
- Remove from heat and begin to add sliced roast beef.
- Continue to push beef down until the liquid covers the meat. Let stand for 4-5 minutes.
- Take each French bread hoagie bun and slice it. Keeping the top side up, place each bread on a ungreased cookie or baking pan. Bake for 3-4 minutes or until the bread is lightly toasted.
- Take your saucepan then remove the beef from the broth.
- Reserve the broth for the dip. On each hoagie bread place two slices of provolone cheese, add the seasoned beef and top it off with caramelized onions.
- Serve with warm broth for dipping.
So tell me some of your recipe traditions that you use Diet Coke® in?
I would love to hear about them.
This holiday season, include Coca-Cola® as part of your tradition. Pick up Sprite® 4 pack 2-liter, Diet Coke® 4 pack 2-liter, Coca-Cola® 35 pack cans or Coca-Cola® Mini Cans beverages from Sam’s Club, then upload your receipt for a chance to WIN a trip for two to Los Angeles featuring:
- An exclusive red-carpet screening of The Greatest Showman, plus pre-show performance
- Round trip air transportation for two (2)
- Two (2) 20th Century Fox goodie bags
- Three (3) nights’ luxury accommodations in a Hollywood hotel with lunch at the on-site restaurant
- Full on-site assistance from a personal winner manager throughout the trip.
Don’t miss this incredible opportunity! Click here
“Diet Coke” is a registered trademark of The Coca-Cola Company