Now, some of these ideas and tips may surprise you but I am sure you’ve heard about some of them.
Who would of thought that Lemons had so many uses. I certainly did not.
Most of my readers know already the nutritional facts about lemons but did you know they can help you stay healthy?
The Ancient Egyptians believed that eating lemons or drinking lemon juice was a effective precaution against a wide variety of poisons.
In fact, there are many health reasons why you should. Lemons have a strong antibacterial, antiviral and immune boasting powers. It also be used for weight loss aid because the lemon juice is a digestive aid and a liver cleanser.
Here are 10 well known helpful facts about this amazing yellow fruit.
- Helps with toothaches- The citrus acid can relieve some of the pain before heading to a dentist.
- Do you have weeds in your lawn?- Lemon juice is a natural weed killer.
- Did you know that you can revive planted greens in your garden?-By soaking them in a bowl of cold water and 1/2 of cup of lemon juice.
- Have you suffered from poison ivy?- Just rub lemon juice on the affected area and helps with the itch.
- Refrigerator fresher- Just cover a cotton ball with lemon juice and leave it in your fridge. After a few hours the smell will be gone.
- Get rid of ants- Spray a little lemon juice around the areas that you think the ants are entering your home.
- Cleaning cheese graters and such- Also, use the tool to grate the flesh of a lemon.
- Clean your disposal- Throw a lemon peel in your disposal and turn it on.
- Keeping brown sugar soft- Store the rind of a lemon in a jar with your brown sugar.
- Helps with anxiety- Researches state by using lemon balm will help reduce fatigue, tension, dizziness and more.
Try some of these helpful tips! Let me know if you tried something different when using lemons.
Thanks for visiting!
Latest posts by Michele (see all)
- Celebrate Ling Ling Asian Food at Home and Win! - February 16, 2018
- Savoring the flavors of Asia while Celebrating the Chinese New Year! - January 31, 2018
- Celebrate Game Day Favorites from Publix - January 20, 2018